Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Happy Girls

Graduation Gifts for my UNT girls. A mug rug for coffee, clippies, and a reusable snack pack.

A simple skirt by Cassie Cakes
 
Alli with her new skirt and watermelon at her families farm house.
Boxcar Bandits

Two of my friends graduated this past weekend that I'm very happy for. My friend Katie finished up her art education degree, and Alli finished with child development and family studies. They both have an open plate to fill. Katie is looking for a place to set some roots and find a job, and Alli going to grad school in Denver, CO. I wanted to make them gifts but was so busy I never got a chance. This is when having a future sister in-law who's crafty comes in handy. Cassie always has a inventory of handmade goods. I got the mug rug and the clippies for Katie and Cassie whipped up a simple skirt with the really pretty fabric for Alli. I put them both in snack packs for a quick wrapping. I always enjoy handmade gifts and I thought these girls would too. Congrats to them! Alli had a great Sunday afternoon party with lots of friends, food, drink, and music. It's so beautiful out at her families farm.

1 comment:

  1. I loved my beautiful handcrafted gifts- such a treat to receive!! Thank you so much Katy and Cassie!!! <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete