Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Purple Lady


Rachel's Birthday Party 2009
My friend Rachel is obsessed with the color purple. She claims it as her own. Her glasses are purple, her clothes are purple, her coat is purple, her shoes are purple.....even her pinata on her birthday was purple. So it is only right for me to knit her a purple circle scarf. I did the double drop stitch every four rows. It's ready to be delivered to Denton, to a lady I miss, a good excuse to leave town for a night to listen to blue grass, build fires, and let the dogs play in her backyard.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were into Bluegrass. If so, you should head down to the Square in Garland on Saturday nights, April to October, weather permitting. It's free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, it's a close toss up between purple and green for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do they have bluegrass pickin? I don't think I have a favorite color. They're all great. Blue, Green, and orange top my list though.

    ReplyDelete