Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Before and After

Before 
After
I've slowed down on sewing and knitting and had turned to home improvement for a bit. I have more to go and I'm excited about all the changes. I painted our back door the same as the front door. It's so bright and happy rather then that muddy light brown. 

I also took down the shower doors. They are from....the 80's? and were cloudy and had collected nasty stuff. I always felt claustrophobic in there and wanted to remove them but wasn't sure how to do it. I finally did it one day after taking a shower....starting with taking the doors off just to see if I could do it. This proceded to the full removal. AHHH! It felt so good to have them off. T.J. used his man power to remove the last screw on the siding. There was some discoloration on the tub from old screws from I'm guessing a previous door and the caulk and glue that kept them up there. I used a razor blade to get all the old caulk up and filled the screw holes in the tile with water resistant caulk. Next will to paint the walls with a semi-gloss bright white and re-caulk all around the tile.

Before
   
After

No comments:

Post a Comment